Friday, September 11, 2015

Writing Prompt #16

I have been writing down the writing prompts that Lil Blue Boo has been posting on her blog, and while she is on prompt #40-something, I am way back on number 16.

Since I have been trying to think about craft and challenge when it comes to writing, I decided to tackle this one as a poem. I haven't written a poem in at least 3 years.

Prompt #16  -- Pick one word and write where it takes you:
CORNERED
KNOW-IT-ALL
SALTWATER



All life
is made of 
saltwater.

People say Adam
was made of 
dust.

But it was the
saltwater that brought
him to life.

Saltwater oozes 
from our pores
from our eyes.

Expressed from our
bodies when we 
are wounded.

Or when we 
are elated,
united.

Our first home is 
a dark sea of 
saltwater;

Where we learn 
to breathe
to dance.

At the end they 
drain the sea from
our bodies

And put us in 
the ground
to dry.





Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment